May 8, 2008

Trey Anastasio Back on the Road?

Just read an article on Jambands.com with Chris Kuroda and he mentions the guys in Phish. The interviewer (who sucked. For me, too much of the interview was questions about Phish and Phish shows rather than about Chris. If I was Chris I would have been a little irritated to give this guy some of my time and all he really wants to know about is Phish.) asks CK5 what his relationship is like with the boys these days.

There is especially an exciting little comment about the future and Trey Anastasio.

CK: Yes, very solid. Absolutely. I often speak to those guys. Mike calls. Mike lives near my hometown so I see him out and about and around town. He grew up an Aerosmith fan, so he was very happy for me when I got that gig. He’s called me a few times to talk about that. I see Page around often enough. I saw him a week ago, and we’re still very close and we talk. Fish is doing his own thing. I just got off the phone with Trey, two days ago, talking about the future. He’s got some big plans. Hopefully, they’ll all come to fruition and we’ll be able to do some cool things out there.

It’s kind of interesting having to look at my schedule to see if I can fit Trey in. (laughter) That’s been a really funny little joke. Luckily, I am able to fit him in, which is good. (laughter) That is a weird little Twilight Zone there. I’m going to try to fit Trey in.

Anybody else ready to see Trey back out on the road? Hopefully, whatever he does next will have a little more umph to it than 70-Volt Parade did. I would love to see Mr. Anastasio bring back the big band.

No comments: