July 25, 2014

Phish Rolls into Charlotte Tonight, Second Leg of Summer Tour Begins

The Phish circus known as Summer Tour 2014 reconvenes in Charlotte, N.C. tonight (Yes, I got my dates mixed up yesterday. Thanks to those of you who pointed it out.) following a mid-week, four-night break leading up to this weekend's two-night run at the ever sweet Merriweather Post Pavilion. Hopefully the setlist will expand over the next few nights, although I believe the mostly greatest hits approach they've been taking is going to stick for now. Here's hoping for change ...

BTW, there used to be a plaque on a tree at Merriweather Post saying how many times and what dates the Grateful Dead played there, but I can't seem to find a photo of it on the web. Anyone know if it still exists?

LATEST PHISH NEWS FROM AROUND THE WEB
Balancing act keeps Phish jamming | Washington Post
How I spent my summer vacation: Catching a lot of Phish concerts | The Buffalo News
Phish in Vegas: Returning to the scene of the crime | IShitMusic.com
Phans under 25: How did you get into the band? | Reddit
Phish announce fall 2014 tour dates | Moscow Ex-Pat

Brief mentions
Ryan Adams tickets on sale tomorrow; Phish tickets available Aug. 8 | The Oregonian
My take on Mayhem | Saratoga Today

No comments: