July 20, 2014

Phish Setlist FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago, Ill. July 19, 2014

I'm sorry but I have to say last night's first set was flat out awful, in my opinion. I'm having issues with the not-so-varied setlists and the awful, just awful, harmonizing. I find myself getting really irritated with Phish, which has never happened before this tour. Whatever, I can't be curmudgeon forever.

Now having said that, last night's second set is a good one to have around to play when you want to show someone what Phish is all about. It was nice to see Brian and Robert show up in Chicago, and followed by my new favorite song, Wingsuit, but paired those two made for a lot of mid-first set downtime ...

I have $100 that says the encore from tonight's show (Sunday, July 20) is Character Zero. Any takers? Watch the LivePhish.com webcast and find out.

BTW, what's with all of the Wombat hating? How can anyone hate a song that is so quintessentially Phish? To each his/her own I guess.

And that theme from the Fish TV show? Funky as hell. Listen to it.

Phish Setlist FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago, Ill. July 19, 2014
SET ONE
The Moma Dance, Wolfman's Brother, Devotion to a Dream, 46 Days, Yarmouth Road, Brian and Robert, Wingsuit, Tube*, Free**, Roggae, Heavy Things, Run Like and Antelope***

SET TWO
Carini -> Waves -> Fuego^ -> Twist^^ -> Light -> 20 Years Later, Harry Hood# -> Cavern

ENCORE
Grind, Bug, Suzy Greenberg#

SHOW NOTES
*Smoke on the Water tease; **Wingsuit quote; ***Istanbul and Smoke on the Water teases; ^Little Drummer Boy tease; ^^Fuego and San Ho Zay teases; #Fuego teases

PHISH NEWS THAT WASHED UP ON THE WEB
Recap: Chicago1 -- Had to have that | Phish.net
If you hate Wombat please respond | Reddit
Northerly 1: A flow show | OnlinePhishTour.com
Watch: Robert Randolph slides through Phish's Wilson | Live for Live Music

PHOTOS
Abby Fox Photography (some killer stuff here)



No comments: